Piri Piri Tofu Marinade Recipe
Makes 2 Portions
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 Tsp of Body and Mind Botanicals Cannabis Seasoning – Piri Piri
400g Firm Tofu
2 Cloves of garlic
1 Tsp Onion powder
2 Tbsp BBQ Sauce
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
1 Cup Breadcrumbs
1. Make sure the tofu has been pressed for at least 10 minutes. To do this, wrap your tofu in kitchen roll and then place a heavy item (a heavy cookbook would do!) on top. You want to remove most of the water.
2. Cut into rectangular wedges
3. For the marinade, add the olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, tomato puree, lemon juice, mince garlic, onion powder and Cannabis Seasoning
4. Season with salt & pepper & taste. If you want more of a kick add a little more seasoning
5. Mix the ingredients until fully combined
6. Lay out the tofu onto a flat dish and cover with marinade. Make sure each tofu piece is fully covered.
7. Cover with clingfilm and put into the refrigerator, ideally overnight.
8. Remove from fridge, uncover and sprinkle over breadcrumbs onto tofu. Again make sure the tofu is fully covered.
9. Grill the tofu and heat for 8 – 10 minutes for each side, on a medium heat
10. For crispier tofu increase the heat for the final minute